Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapels, Findings, Norse Ancestry and Possible Religious ties

Well it's been a busy few days which mainly seem to have been in the car! With bags of beads and jewelry findings I set off for what turned out to be 8 hours in the car to Edinburgh to assuage Grandma visiting guilt, travelling with my engineer father I got a blow by blow account of the building of many power stations/bridges/the occasional mill and spaghetti junction and I am now an expert on the strut repairs in Birmingham. 

Having made it to sunny Edinburgh (a miracle in itself) I persuaded everyone to be historical and we went to Rosslyn Chapel which was amazing, not only because yes I have read the Da Vinci Code but also because I studied it at Hull Uni with my dear Mr Townend and also I think I'm probably related to the family that built it. I can hear the skepticism but hear me out...

1) My middle name is St.Clair....it's built by the St Clairs!

2) They are originally from the Orkneys...so are my family!

3) That family has Norse ancestry....so does mine!

So I managed to resist putting a sofa in front of the pews and telling people to get out of my house but I figure I should have at least got a discounted key ring and pencil.  Anyways in amongst finding out I'm at worse part owner of a lovely chapel and at best according to Dan Brown a descendant of Jesus I also managed to find the time to make some pretty jewelry :) There are bows, pirate ships, treasure chests, ceramic fish, zebra and elephant! More to follow this evening.... so feel free to check them out if you want....discounted Chapel visits with every purchase*

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BostonStClair

*I have no authority for Chapel discounts....but can give you one of the postcards I bought if you really want












No comments:

Post a Comment